A copy of our latest prospectus is available to view below. If you require a paper copy, please contact the school office.
Open Evening and Open Week
We will be having an open evening and open week for prospective Year 2 parents/carers in November. For more details on how to book a visit, please see the flyer below.
Year 2 to Year 3 Transition
When do I apply for a Year 3 place at South Farnborough Junior School?
Applications for Year 3 admissions open on 1st November 2019.
The deadline for submitting your application is 15th January 2020.
The national notification date for on-time applications is 16th April 2020.
For more information on the application process please visit the Hampshire website.
Can we visit South Farnborough Junior School before applying?
We have two events that you can attend in the Autumn Term and we would encourage you to visit during these times and get a feel for the school before you apply.
- On Wednesday 6th November 2019 at 7pm, we will be hosting an Open Evening for parents/carers only. To book a place please visit https://sfjseve.eventbrite.co.uk/
- During the week 11th - 15th November 2019, we will be holding an Open Week for parents/carers and, if you wish to bring them, your children. This visit would be during the school day, giving you an opportunity to see our school in action. Your tour will be guided by our Year 6 children who will be very keen to show off their school and answer any questions you may have. Each tour lasts about 20 minutes and local infant schools are aware they are taking place. In order to minimise disruption to our children, we ask that you please try and visit during this week as we may not be able to accommodate you on other dates. To book a visit please visit https://sfjsopenweek.eventbrite.co.uk/
How is the transition managed?
- Children are invited for a tour during our Open Week in November.
- Staff visit the children at their infant schools to tell them a little bit about South Farnborough and answer any questions they may have.
- Induction day where Year 2 children spend the day in their new classes with their new teacher - DATE TBC
- A meeting between Year 2 and Year 3 teachers to share relevant information regarding the children e.g. strengths and areas for development.
- Special Educational Needs meeting between the SENDCo of each school to ensure continued support.
- Parents Evening in the Summer Term – see your child’s new classroom, meet their teacher, purchase uniform and find out information about the school - DATE TBC
- An additional Parent's Evening held in September to discuss the curriculum your child will be covering in Year 3 as well as tips on how you can support them as they start KS2.
How do I apply for an in-year admission?
An in-year admission is when a child needs an immediate school place during the school year.
There are two main reasons for this. You might be moving house or unhappy with your child’s current school.
You can apply for an in-year place up to four weeks before the place is needed. Exceptionally, parents seeking an in-year place starting in September 2020 can apply from May 2020. These applications will be considered from 10 June 2020.
To make an application, you may do so online via the Hampshire County Council website or contact the school for a paper copy, applications will then be processed by County admissions.
Once received by the school, you will be notified in writing of the outcome and either be offered a place if there is one available or placed on a waiting list.
Our uniform is available to purchase from Brenda's Schoolwear based at:
130 Frimley Road,
Tel: 01276 469697
Contact the Admissions Team
Hampshire County Council
Children’s Services Department
Elizabeth II Court North
Phone: 0300 555 1377
Fax: 01962 845093