When do I apply for a Year 3 place at South Farnborough Junior School?
Applications for Year 3 admissions open on 1st November 2018.
The deadline for submitting your application is 15th January 2019.
The national notification date for on-time applications is 16th April 2019.
For more information on the application process please visit the Hampshire website.
A copy of our admissions policy can be found below
Can we visit South Farnborough Junior School before applying?
Yes, we would encourage you to visit and get a feel for the school before you apply. To facilitate this we have two events that you can attend in the Autumn Term:
- On 30th October 2018 at 7pm, we will be hosting an Open Evening for parents/carers only.
- During the week 5th - 9th November 2018, we will be holding an Open Week for parents/carers and children. This will be your child's opportunity to visit the school during the day and see what we do. Your tour will be guided by our Year 6 children who will be very keen to show off their school and answer any questions you may have. Each tour lasts about 20 minutes and local infant schools are aware they are taking place. In order to minimise disruption to our children, we ask that you please try and visit during this week as we may not be able to accommodate you on other dates. Tours need to be pre-booked which you can arrange by contacting the school office (01252 545682)
How is the transition managed?
- Children are invited for a tour during our Open Week in November.
- Staff visit the children at their infant schools to tell them a little bit about South Farnborough and answer any questions they may have.
- Induction day where Year 2 children spend the day in their new classes with their new teacher.
- A meeting between Year 2 and Year 3 teachers to share relevant information regarding the children e.g. strengths and areas for development.
- Special Educational Needs meeting between the SENDCo of each school to ensure continued support.
- Parents Evening – see your child’s new classroom, meet their teacher, purchase uniform and find out information about the school.
- An additional Parent's Evening held in September to discuss the curriculum your child will be covering in Year 3 as well as tips on how you can support them as they start KS2.